Subject: endnotes section in ePub

Hi all,

I am trying to create an ePub file of my docbook <book> in which all the footnotes are gathered together and output in a separate HTML/XHTML. I’d also like these endnotes, of course, to link back to the text where the footnote marker appears.

Basically, my book has 150 or so short chapters with footnotes in each chapter, and instead of chunking those footnotes at the end of each chapter, I’d like to chunk them at the end of the book.

Is this a relatively doable customization?

I have a customization on my single-file HTML transform that gathers all endnotes for the book and puts them at the end of the file. But when I repurpose this customization in the epub transform, the footnotes are all gathered up but there is no output. (I’m guess its because the transform doesn’t create a new page and put them there.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

jz

Jason Zech | Project Manager, Digital Workflow | New Product Development
[ph] 773-281-1818 x212   [fax] 773-281-4129 | zech@loyolapress.com

LoyolaPress. | A Jesuit Ministry
3441 N. Ashland Ave. | Chicago, IL 60657 | www.loyolapress.com
Join our online community of advisors: www.SpiritedTalk.org