Subject: Re: AW: [docbook-apps] ragged index with recent fop snapshots

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:10:01 -0400, Mike Maxwell wrote:
> dblatex does well with citations.  As for the reference lists, it
> looks like RefDB outputs as BibTeX as well.  We use dblatex +XeLaTeX
> with BibTeX for the references (rather than DocBook entries), and the
> ff. processing instruction:
>  <?bibtex bibfiles="References" bibstyle="sp" mode="all"?>
> (which pulls in a BibTeX file References.bib).  Then we can take
> advantage of the diversity of LaTeX packages for formatting the
> bibliography.  The result is more than adequate for our purposes.
> The
> one drawback might be that BibTeX doesn't handle Unicode sorts well,
> although I think that only bites you if you have non-Roman scripts in
> some of your authors' names.  (It seems to handle accented Roman
> scripts IIRC, but I haven't tested this thoroughly.)

Hi Mike,

I guess I'll have to run some tests and see how it works out. It'll
probably be a bit more involved than my current "gmake pdf". The dblatex
examples indicate that it handles MathML pretty well, which is also
important to me. At first sight, I didn't find any information about SVG
graphics though. Are they known to work?

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka