Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] endnotes section in ePub

For posterity, I did get the whole thing working. To get the return link working, I copied into my customization layer the template:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="footnote.body.number">.

I added the variable:

    <xsl:variable name="target.href">
    <xsl:call-template name="href.target">
      <xsl:with-param name="object" select="ancestor::d:footnote"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:variable>

And I output the variable by outputting inside the HREF variable

<xsl:variable name="href">
    <!-- added: -->
        <xsl:value-of select="substring-before($target.href, '#')"/>
    <!-- end of addition -->
    <xsl:text>#</xsl:text>
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id">
      <xsl:with-param name="object" select="ancestor::d:footnote"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:variable>

I've just started testing, but this seems to generate the filename before the #ID in the href, allowing me to jump across documents with my endnotes link.

Thanks again for all the help.

jz