Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] listing the TOC after the preface / foreword

Hi Stefan,
Actually, this can be done without customizing the book template:

1.  Add an empty <toc/> element after your preface element.

2.  Set these params:

<xsl:param name="process.empty.source.toc" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="generate.toc">book title</xsl:param>

The first param tells the stylesheet to generate a table of contents where an empty
toc element appears.

The second param is needed to get a title on the table of contents.

There is no similar method to be used for List of Tables, etc., because an empty
<lot/> element does not have an attribute to indicate what kind of list should be
generated.  A lot element must have content to be processed, or some customization
based on role must be done.

I'll add this information to the next edition of my book.