Subject: footnote in title

Hello,

I'm trying to customize a titlepage for FO / PDF, and have run into an
issue:

My book title contains a footnote, which is ignored in the recto
titlepage, but not the verso.
I'd like to only generate a recto titlepage, and thus need to modify the
recto template to render the footnote the same way the verso template
does (if it is called).

Can anyone please point me into the right direction ? What template
processes the title footnote in the recto / verso modes, and what change
do I need to apply to move the footnote display onto the recto page ?

Thanks,
        Stefan