Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] hours to process chunks

On 1.9.2011 21:03, Tim Arnold wrote:

> What factors make processing go so slowly. It must not be as simple as
> filesize or olinks.

Hard to say without having your files available. You can try to use
--profile option to xsltproc to see which templates are eating most time.

Also I would suggest switch to Saxon XSLT processor. My experience is
that on large files it outperforms xsltproc as it has more advanced
optimizations under the hood.

Generating of index can took some time for larger documents, but other
chunks should be created relatively quickly.

				Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature