Subject: re: [docbook-apps] Accessibility: adding scope attribute to HTML output

You might find my recent thread about how to add attributes and
attribute values to HTML elements  to be helpful for doing what you
are seeking.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201108/msg00091.html

Obviously the xpath statement inside the match attribute would have to
be different to point to the th element or TD, but the rest of it
would be basically the same.

Robert

--
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mike 675 <m_mclaug@yahoo.co.uk>
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:58:03 -0700 (PDT)

To meet accessibility requirements, we need to add the scope attribute to the
HTML output for our tables.

Our tables are marked up in DocBook XML, CALS style.

Every <th> needs to be <th scope="col">

Any ideas on where to start on this.
I guess I need to cusomize the html/table.xsl stylesheet.

Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581
(H) 713 893 3424/ (W) 832-251-7522 Carbon Neutral Since Jan 2010
http://www.robertnagle.info