Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XHTML5 Output - Can DOCTYPE be added?

Hi Lars,
The xhtml5 stylesheets already do output that DOCTYPE automatically.  I'm not clear why you are not getting it.  However, the stylesheet is dependent on being used with the version 1.76.1 distribution.  Is that a typo when you say version 1.7.1?

Regarding a customization layer, it should work the same way as for other html stylesheets.  If you do a chunking customization, you need to use the two file method described in my book for chunking.

From: Lars Vogel
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 5:10 AM

Hello,

I'm generating XHTML5 via the DocBook Stylesheets in version 1.7.1 and Bobs xhtml5 stylesheets. Would it be possible for the stylesheets to add the

<!DOCTYPE html>

declaration automatically? Perhaps via parameter?

I would assume that creation a customization layer for adding xhtml5 is possible but I believe for xhtml5 we would in most cases like to have this included via the standard stylesheets.

Best regards, Lars

--
Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Eclipse, Android and Java Tutorials