Subject: Re: re: [docbook-apps] Accessibility: adding scope attribute to HTML output

Ok,

1. Yes, all you have to do is add it to your customization layer. You
will need to replace caption/para with an xpath statement that
corresponds to the table  element(s) you want to customize. (and
remember if you are not  using the vanilla docbook xsl but  the
namespace xsl (i.e., docbook-ns), you will need to preface everything
with d: in the xpath statement. So caption/para would be
d:caption/d:para ).

2.  For my example at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201108/msg00091.html
, my source code  would say  either:

Or

Your output after you applied the transformation would be (I think)

I gave two examples. In one example I made the assumption that you
would hardcode the values of width in the  XSL customization layer --
so you wouldn't need to put it in the xml source code. In the other
example, I assumed that you would grab the values from the role
attribute in the <para> element in source.

However, if the value of the  scope attribute is always going to be
"col", I don't see any reason why you couldn't hard code it in the XSL
customization layer. others may disagree about this.

 Robert