Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] beta EPUB3 stylesheet available

Bob,

I'm testing the stylesheets and have run into a couple of things of note:

1) In trying to run the stylesheets on a DB5 instance, make sure you use the regular, and not the ns version of the stylesheets. That said, once I used the regular version, I was able to get the stylesheets to run on a DB5 instance, though there is at least one problem, noted in item 2 below.

2) I'm getting repeated errors from the epub 3 epubcheck saying the following:

     ERROR: file.epub/OEBPS/filename.xhtml(1,xxx): Undefined property: section

When I look at the files, I see two issues:

  - epubcheck doesn't seem to be unhappy about the invalid tags. Its complaint is about instances of elements with the attribute value pair: epub:type="section". These occur primarily (maybe exclusively, I didn't check every instance) on the <section> tags, though there are some instances of <section> tags with epub:type set to something else; in those cases, epubcheck doesn't complain.

Originally, I thought this was an artifact of my using DB5, but I tried it out on a book using DB4 and ended up with the same issue.

FYI, I ran the tests on Linux Ubuntu, using 1.76.1 and the b2 version of the stylesheets, and the latest epubcheck 3.0 from their website.

Best Regards,
Dick
-------
XML Press