Subject: Re: re: [docbook-apps] Accessibility: adding scope attribute to HTML output

I can't seem to get this working consistently.

I would expect the following customization to change all <para> elements to
But it has no effect.

<xsl:template  match="para" mode="class.attribute">
          <xsl:param name="width" select="local-name(.)"/>
             <xsl:attribute name="width">50px</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:template>

Neither does using "section" as the match.
Nor informaltable/tgroup/thead/row/entry, which is one of the elements I
want to change.
However, if I match for "itemizedlist", 50px turns up in the <ul> HTML
element.

Is it OK to use a simple xpath, such as "section" for matching elements?