Subject: Removing HTML TOC from epub

Epubs have a table of contents used by readers (toc.ncx?) which makes the generated HTML table of contents rather superfluous. How does one prevent its generation in 1.76.1?

Actually a rather more general question is how (or what's best practice) to customize the epub stylesheets. The shipped epub/docbook.xsl doesn't really seem amenable to being customized by an importing stylesheet. The FO stylesheets are significantly more flexible in this regard.

Or should I be editing a copy of epub/docbook.xsl and customizing it that way? There's a lot of logic in that stylesheet that I really don't want to copy and try and keep in sync with the shipping file.

Cheers,

Chris