Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: epub2 and olinks

Hi Tim,
Just to be clear here, you are creating one epub2 publication from one logical DocBook book, but you are rendering the modular chapter files individually before assembling the epub file? And when you do that, the olinks do work so the epub appears to be a single publication?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Arnold" <jtim.arnold@gmail.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:34 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Re: epub2 and olinks

sorry for this noise. I was using an out-of-date olink database file.
--Tim

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Tim Arnold <jtim.arnold@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I generate my DocBook5 documents using olinks throughout a book
instead of xref. Unnecessary when the entire book is rendered, but
sometime the chapters need to be rendered separately. By using olinks
I get the book and the separated chapters rendered so the links work
correctly.
I'm using prefer.internal.olink=1

However, as I understand it, olinks aren't supported in epub. I'm
using the epub stylesheets in 1.76.1.

Is there any workaround to get epub links to work using olink?

thanks,
--Tim Arnold