Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to specify rel="canonical in Docbook and conversion for HTML

Hi Bob,

thanks for the hint. If I read http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlHead.html correctly it does not contain an example for accessing information from the document. But its good to know and I hope once I get more familiar with custom templates I will find out how to do it.

Thanks and best regards, Lars

2011/9/24 Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Hi Lars,
No, it would not require a customization per document, but if the URL value is specific to each document, it would require the URL value to be either present in the document for the stylesheet to access, or passed to the stylesheet at run time using a stylesheet param.  A custom template could use either one to generate the link.

From: Lars Vogel
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 2:32 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know all major search engines (Yahoo, Google, Microsoft) support this flag.

I don't think customization would work (easily) as this rel="canonical" is specific to every document (==Docbook file). If I understand it right this would require a customization per document which would not be realistic for me to maintain.

Best regards, Lars