Subject: Re: re: [docbook-apps] Accessibility: adding scope attribute to HTML output

I don't really understand modes well enough to post a bug about this. Its one of the few sections in your book that I can't follow.

I think you are saying that using modes to add an attribute to para or entry only works in the case where the element already has an existing role attribute setting?

However, Robert Nagle reported success for caption/para elements in this post:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201108/msg00091.html

BTW, this line in your template does nothing useful.

>     <xsl:param name="width"
> select="local-name(.)"/>

OK. It looks like this line is used to output a class element. Something I don't need for my problem.

One more question about modes. If I add the following to my HTML customization layer:

 <xsl:template match="section" mode="class.attribute">
  <xsl:attribute name="scope">col</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:template>

Is this template used in addition to any existing match="section" templates, or instead of any existing match="section" templates.
Or do I need a <xsl:call-template> to activate the mode template?