Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] EPUB3: missing some meta data

Well, the title of that section is "2.2 Reading System Conformance" and the intro para says "An EPUB Reading System must meet all of the following criteria:" So the spec is more than just the file format.

----- Original Message ----- From: "davep" <davep@dpawson.co.uk>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: "Keith Fahlgren" <abdelazer@gmail.com>; <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:21 AM

On 09/27/2011 08:25 AM, Bob Stayton wrote:
Hi Keith,
This description is backwards compatibility of the epub 3 reader, that it should be able to handle epub 2 documents. That is useful, must mostly of interest to creators of epub3 reader software.

I don't have that interpretation Bob? I think epub is a 'files on disk' spec,
as with Docbook?

The word reader only appears with the list of applications?

What makes you think it is reader specific?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.