Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook epub3 beta 3 stylesheets available

On 30.9.2011 13:34, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi,
> I have updated a beta 3 version of the  epub3 stylesheets for DocBook
> XSL to SourceForge.  It is in this directory:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/files/epub3/

Hi Bob,

have you tried to convert resulting EPUB into MOBI format for use on Kindle?

When I convert with calibre all headings (chapter, section, table, ...)
are lost.

Conversion with KindleGen is completely impossible. KindleGen chokes on
dc:language in package.opf if there is id="pub-language" attribute
attached. After removing this attribute, KindleGen goes further but
stops with "TOC section scope is not included in the parent
chapter:Request Submission".

Yep, it's crappy Amazon who is not supporting EPUB directly and who
produces this crappy KindleGen software. But it would be nice to produce
EPUB files which can be smoothly converted into format supported by most
widespread reader today.

I will try to investigate more but any help is welcomed.

				Jirka