Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] epub3 beta 3

Keith,

I agree with you that the output should not be tailored for an intermediate converter. The converters ought to be set up to work with clean epub.

Of course, at this point, it's unfair to expect these epub2 converters to do a good job on epub3, although, Calibre did a surprisingly good job (at least in the kindle emulator on the iphone; I still need to try it out on a real Kindle).

I mentioned what I used mostly so that Bob has the most detailed information I can give him, not to push him towards making changes that favor a particular converter.

As a side note, I missed seeing the issue Markus filed for Bob because a search for dc:date comes up empty on code.google.com. I guess the search engine tried to interpret the colon as a special character (like in site:xxx) and missed the literal interpretation I intended:-).

Dick