Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] generate-article-titlepage-on-separate-page

"Bob Stayton" writes:

> I'm not quite clear which you are asking for, as the subject line says
> "titlepage-on-separate-page" and the body says TOC on its own page.

Sorry. "titlepage-on-separate-page" refers to the old dssl definitions
to convert a SGML file.

> I'm also not clear if you mean FO output and separate physical pages,
> or HTML output and separate chunk pages.  In general, the more detail
> you put in requests, the easier they are to answer.

Again, sorry. Your guess is correct.

> In the case of FO output, you can do it with a couple of utility
> templates that the stylesheet provides.  The first one creates a page
> break after the title  page, and the second one creates a page break
> after the table of contents.
>
> <xsl:template name="article.titlepage.separator">
>  <fo:block break-after="page"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template name="component.toc.separator">
>  <fo:block break-after="page"/>
> </xsl:template>

I tried to put these lines in my ldp-print.xsl file. Runnling

'xsltproc -o t.fo ~/xsl/ldp-print.xsl <xml-file-name', gave me the
following output:

/home/lrs/xsl/ldp-print.xsl:26: namespace error : Namespace prefix fo on
block i
s not defined
  <fo:block break-after="page"/>
                              ^
/home/lrs/xsl/ldp-print.xsl:30: namespace error : Namespace prefix fo on
block i
s not defined
 <fo:block break-after="page"/>
                             ^
Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)

What's the problem here?

> An even simpler method uses the attribute-set named
> toc.margin.properties' as described here:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintToc.html#PageMargins
>
> although its section title would probably not have led you there.
> These two attributes accomplish the same thing:
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="toc.margin.properties">
>  <xsl:attribute name="break-before">page</xsl:attribute>
>  <xsl:attribute name="break-after">page</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:attribute-set>

Putting these lines in the same file, seems to work.

Thank you!

Lars