Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] generate-article-titlepage-on-separate-page

Hi Lars,

/home/lrs/xsl/ldp-print.xsl:30: namespace error : Namespace prefix fo on
block is not defined

Your customization file needs the fo namespace declaration. See this reference for details:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html#WriteCustomization

You will need it for further customizations.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lars "Bjørndal"" <lars@lamasti.net>
To: "docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 1:07 PM

"Bob Stayton" writes:

I'm not quite clear which you are asking for, as the subject line says
"titlepage-on-separate-page" and the body says TOC on its own page.

Sorry. "titlepage-on-separate-page" refers to the old dssl definitions
to convert a SGML file.

I'm also not clear if you mean FO output and separate physical pages,
or HTML output and separate chunk pages.  In general, the more detail
you put in requests, the easier they are to answer.

Again, sorry. Your guess is correct.

In the case of FO output, you can do it with a couple of utility
templates that the stylesheet provides.  The first one creates a page
break after the title  page, and the second one creates a page break
after the table of contents.

<xsl:template name="article.titlepage.separator">
 <fo:block break-after="page"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="component.toc.separator">
 <fo:block break-after="page"/>
</xsl:template>

I tried to put these lines in my ldp-print.xsl file. Runnling

'xsltproc -o t.fo ~/xsl/ldp-print.xsl <xml-file-name', gave me the
following output:

/home/lrs/xsl/ldp-print.xsl:26: namespace error : Namespace prefix fo on
block i
s not defined
 <fo:block break-after="page"/>
                             ^
/home/lrs/xsl/ldp-print.xsl:30: namespace error : Namespace prefix fo on
block i
s not defined
<fo:block break-after="page"/>
                            ^
Making portrait pages on A4 paper (210mmx297mm)

What's the problem here?

An even simpler method uses the attribute-set named
toc.margin.properties' as described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintToc.html#PageMargins

although its section title would probably not have led you there.
These two attributes accomplish the same thing:

<xsl:attribute-set name="toc.margin.properties">
 <xsl:attribute name="break-before">page</xsl:attribute>
 <xsl:attribute name="break-after">page</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

Putting these lines in the same file, seems to work.

Thank you!

Lars

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lars "Bjørndal"" <lars@lamasti.net>