Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] linenumbering in programlistings with FOP

Just setting some parameters is not sufficient. Line numbers are inserted by
an XSLT extension function. To make it work, you must use one of the Java
processors Saxon 6 or Xalan, and the processor's extension jar file must be
added to the classpath.

See
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/InstallingAProcessor.html#SaxonExtensions
for more information.