Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] Re: unable to convert DocBook to PDF

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help.

> You could use an XInclude stylesheet with xmllint[1] (which is
> most likely installed in your Ubuntu distribution)
You were right. A quick grep of apt-cache turned up nothing, but it
was installed (presumably under a tools package name?).

>> You can change your toolchain, modify your toolchain to preprocess the
>> documents (or, equivalently, change your documents), or give up.  Oh, or
>> dive into modifying OpenJade — which is legendarily underdocumented.
This hack worked. Its kind of ugly, but it got me to where I needed to
be until I learn how to do things the DocBook5 way.

$ xmllint --xinclude book.xml > book-pp.xml ; docbook2pdf book-pp.xml
; mv book-pp.pdf book.pdf ; rm -rf book-pp.xml book-pp.tex

(posted for others who might stumble upon the thread).

Jeff