Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Question on <indexterm>

Hi Jeffrey,

Am Sonntag, 23. Oktober 2011, 09:37:48 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> [...]
> <chapter>
>   <section id="license">
>     <title>License</title>
>
>     <para>The software is licensed under GPL version 3. It was
> encumbered to set it free as in beer (not as in public domain).</para>
> </chapter>
>
> I want an index as follows:
>
> License......................2
>     beer......................2
>     free.......................2
>     GPL......................2
>     public domain.........2
>
> I believe 'License' would be a primary indexterm.

Yes.

> Would beer, free, gpl, and public domain also be primary with 'License' as
secondary (or vice versa)? Or is it via some other entity or tag?

Combine primary and secondary as shown in the following code:

 <indexterm>
    <primary>License</primary>
    <secondary>beer</secondary>
 </indexterm>

the same is for gpl, public domain, etc. Just replace beer with the respective
secondary entries.

--
Gruß/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle