Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generated epub to mobi - lists are incorrectly displayed

Hello Jirka,

thanks, makes sense your setup.

Best regards, Lars

2011/11/1 Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
On 29.10.2011 11:59, Lars Vogel wrote:

> thanks. This also looks like a great solution. I think the suggestion from
> Robert is easier for my toolchain as I only have to change the customization
> layer and not have an additional step. But your suggestion is great as it
> shows options how to further influence the result.
>
> How to you separate the step XHTML and EPUB creation? I believe the epub
> XSLT stylesheets do this in one step?

I use Ant to manage build process. I have separate target for Kindle
which applies this fixing transformation on output of DocBook
stylesheets before ziping final epub file. Something like:

 <target name="kindle">
   ... call normal DocBook epub stylesheet ..

   <!-- Make fixes for Kindle in generated XHTML -->
   <xslt style="kindleize.xsl" force="true" basedir="${out.dir}"
includes="*.xhtml" destdir="${out.dir}/kindle">
     <factory name="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
     <classpath location="${saxon9.jar}"/>
   </xslt>

   <!-- Replace original XHTML files with "kindleized" ones -->
   <copy todir="${out.dir}">
     <fileset dir="${out.dir}/kindle"/>
     <globmapper from="*.html" to="*.xhtml"/>
   </copy>

   <!-- Delete temporary "kindleized" files -->
   <delete dir="${out.dir}/kindle"/>

   <!-- Build final epub package -->
   <zip destfile="${out}-kindle.epub"
        basedir="ebook"