Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] ePub TOC question

Hi Eric,
I don't get that output with the stock stylesheets. You are getting this behavior because your customization expands 'generate.toc' to include figure, table, etc., and you set chunk.separate.lots=1, right?

The "./" comes from the utility template named 'make-relative-filename' in xhtml-1_1/chunker.xsl. I'm not sure why it is "./" instead of just blank, but that template is used in many contexts and I would not change that.

However, you can work around it for this case by customizing the template named 'make.lot.chunk' in chunk-common.xsl. When it is computing the variable named 'href' for a lot, it calls 'make-relative-filename' without the 'base.dir' param, because the generated lot is in the same directory as the main toc. When 'base.dir' is not specified, you get the default "./", which is actually correct as a pathname and seems to work in contexts other than validation of epub documents, it seems.

You can modify that call to add a template param:

<xsl:variable name="href">
 <xsl:call-template name="make-relative-filename">
   <!-- Add this param with empty string value -->
   <xsl:param name="base.dir" select="''"/>
  etc.

That eliminates the "./" from the lot references, and should not affect other instances of 'make-relative-filename'.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Johnson" <ericjohnson@apache.org>
To: "Docbook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 6:50 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] ePub TOC question

I'm generating Epub using the current release of the style sheets and
I keep getting the following error when validating my generated
content:

ERROR: prod_intro.epub/OEBPS/bk01-toc.html(4):
'OEBPS/./figure-toc.html': referenced resource missing in the package
ERROR: prod_intro.epub/OEBPS/bk01-toc.html(4):
'OEBPS/./table-toc.html': referenced resource missing in the package
ERROR: prod_intro.epub/OEBPS/bk01-toc.html(4):
'OEBPS/./example-toc.html': referenced resource missing in the package

In addition to creating the ERROR in validation, the book opens the
lof, lot, and lox in a Web browser instead of in the e-book viewer.

The xxx-toc files are all properly generated and included in the
package, but the generated TOC prefixes a "./" to all of them. How do
I get the generated hrefs to the lot, lof, and lox entries in the
generated TOC to not be "./xxx-toc.html"?

Thanks,
Eric

--
Principle Technical Writer