Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Setting up a DocBook system

Hi Richard,
When using the DocBook xsls from sourceforge (docbook-xsl or
docbook-ns-xsl), Saxon 6 is the correct version. These xsls were
implemented as 1.0 xsls and contain features that do not work in the
xsl 2.0 version of Saxon.

For the DocBook 2.0 xsls, see:

http://norman.walsh.name/2011/08/25/docbook-xslt-2

If you're starting from scratch today, the idea of starting with the
DocBook 2.0 xsls is very appealing, but keep in mind that you would be
among the first to do so. If you goal is stable, tried-and-true xsls,
then the 1.0 distribution is probably what you want.

Regarding the build system, in addition to the Fuse system mentioned
in this thread, if you're familiar with Maven, you might look at Docbkx:

https://code.google.com/p/docbkx-tools/
http://blog.kasunbg.org/2010/12/how-to-use-docbkx-tools-as-maven.html

Finally, if commercial tools are an option, the XML editors oXygen and
XMLMind both come with build-in support for DocBook.

David