Subject: Re: DocBook Stylesheets 2.0.3 released

Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 01:57:53PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
>> Hello world,
>>
>> I've released a new version of my (developing) XSLT 2.0 stylesheets
>> for DocBook.
>
> Are these intended to act as a replacement for the usual docbook ->
> html XSLT that xmlto uses?  Can xsltproc run them?  (the github,
> https://github.com/docbook/docbook.github.com , doesn't seem to have
> a howto at all)

In the long run, yes, I consider them a replacement. I've already
switched to the 2.0 stylesheets exclusively for my own work.

However, they require XSLT 2.0 and that means they won't be supported
by xsltproc until xsltproc is updated to support 2.0. I've forgotten
exactly what xmlto does, I think it's just a shell script around
xsltproc so it could (presumably) be tweaked to use a 2.0 processor.

The most widely available 2.0 processor is Saxon 9.x. MarkLogic Server
also supports XSLT 2.0.

I'll try to get some more docs up when I can.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | What are the thoughts of the