Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] upgrading to DocBook XML DTD V4.5CR3

Thanks Bob,

That did the trick.  I don't know why I had the CR3 instead of the 4.5.

Thanks again,
Joy

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Hi Joy,
The current release for DocBook 4 is version 4.5.  It is finalized, so it is not a candidate release like CR3.  I'm not sure what the differences were between CR3 and the final version, but I would suggest using the final version and see if you get the same error.  You can get it at:

http://docbook.org/schemas/4x

From: Joy Andree
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:16 AM

I'm upgrading the DTD from 4.0 to V4.5CR3.  Everything seemed to be going fine with my build (at least not breaking) until I ran one of my scripts and got the following errors.

xsltproc --stringparam collect.xref.targets "only" --stringparam targets.filename "my_book.db" %XSLPATH%/mycustom.xsl %DOCPATH%/my_book.xml

validity warning : Attribute base of element title: already defined
 %title.role.attrib;
                    ^
role        CDATA        #IMPLIED
^
validity warning : Attribute base of element titleabbrev: already defined
 %titleabbrev.role.attrib;
                          ^
role        CDATA        #IMPLIED

The errors keep going on for every place the role attribute is declared in the DTD.

Did I miss something or need to do something else for the upgrade?

Thanks,
Joy

--
Joy Andree