Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Getting a list of Docbook Block Level elements --can the following xpath gather a block-level list from the xsd?

Richard Hamilton [mailto:hamilton@xmlpress.net] wrote:

> I suggest checking out the DocBook Definitive Guide, which has a
> section titled: "Logical Divisions: The Categories of Elements in
> DocBook," which lists the Block and Inline elements.

Perhaps a better way to characterize that is that the Definitive Guide lists the elements that are usually expected to be presented as blocks. This should match what is output by DocBook XSL. But it is not the only way to handle many DocBook elements.

Rob Cavicchio
rob.cavicchio@emc.com

Principal Technical Writer & Information Architect
Information Intelligence Group
EMC Corporation

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EMC.