Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with callouts with fo/pdf using xsltproc and fop 1.0 (DB 5.0 with name spaces)

If you are getting callouts in the HTML, then you probably have it correct on the XML side. You can check in on the PDF side by setting the stylesheet param 'callout.graphics' to zero, which will cause it to insert text numbers like "(1)" instead of graphics.

For PDF output, the FO processor needs access to the callout image files in the distribution. Do you get any error messages in the FOP process about not being able to read the image files? The callout.graphics.path param can set that path, but if it is a relative path, it must be relative to the FO file.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Browder" <tom.browder@gmail.com>
To: "Docbook Apps Help list" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:11 PM

Has anyone had success with using callout icons and the calloutlist
using xsltproc and fop?

If so, did you have to do anything special not noted in DocBook XSL
("the book")?

I'm trying to use callouts with a programlisting of literal xml code
(and using &lt; and &gt; in the usual places).  I followed Bob's
example in the book and can get a callout with html (abeit a simple
number instead of an icon but I am not seeking help for that yet), but
I get nothing with the pdf version.

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom