Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] including xhtml questions

Hi Tim,
Can you clarify this question:

Is there any method I can use to create a valid DocBook XML file that
doesn't require me to ship the external xhtml files?

Does this mean you want to insert into your document the edited xhtml code?
And then have that xhtml code output as working xhtml?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Arnold" <jtim.arnold@gmail.com>
To: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:18 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] including xhtml questions

Hi,
I create DocBook 5 XML and use the html stylesheets to produce html.
I  also use the dbhtml file= processing instruction to insert some
xhtml files that have been externally generated. Unfortunately I have
no control over the external process and the xhtml contains &nbsp;
entities and duplicate IDs.
I have been postprocessing the files to remove these before running
the DocBook html stylesheets (using a Python script).

I'd rather not do that because
(a) it adds another external step to the build process and
(b) I have to include these modified xhtml files if I need to deliver
the DocBook content to others.

My questions:
Is there any method I can use to create a valid DocBook XML file that
doesn't require me to ship the external xhtml files?
If not, then would it be better (maintenance, simplicity) to create a
custom processing instruction to include these files instead of using
Python?

thanks,
--Tim Arnold