Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] put a table in abstract: suppress title

Won't <informaltable> do what you want?

On 2/7/12 4:37 PM, Paul Tremblay wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to suppress the title for a table just in the
Abstract, using the xsl docbook stylesheets? For my work, it was
suggested I put a table at the beginning of the document to outline the
contents. (This idea did not come from me, and I don't think it a good
one.) Hence, I put the table right after the abstract.

I want to (1) suppress the title for this table, (2) start numbering the
next table at 1, and (3) not include this table in the list of tables.

1. ??

2. <xsl:template match="d:table[@class = 'after-abstract']" mode="toc"
/> <!--suppresses tol entry-->

3. <xsl:template match="d:table" mode="label.markup">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="@label">
<xsl:value-of select="@label"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:variable name="num">
<xsl:number format="1" from="book|article" level="any"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:value-of select="$num - 1"/>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>
<!--only partially works; need to find complete template to number
tables in appendix correctly-->

I found a way to implement (2), and a way to mostly implement (3), but I
can't find the named template to suppress any title from the first table.

Thanks

Paul