Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] WebHelp display issue

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Stefan Hinz <stefan.hinz@oracle.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

Update (sorry for the extra mail): While the rendering issue has been confirmed on Windows and Linux, someone on Mac OS X just reported that he's _not_ seeing the issue. He's using Firefox 4.0.

Cheers,

Stefan

--- Original mail follows ---

WebHelp fan Stefan again. :-)

Someone in our group noticed that WebHelp format displays weirdly when the browser window isn't wide enough to fit the contents horizontally.

When moving the horizontal scroll bar, the right pane (div) moves under the left pane (the one with the TOC).

This is the expected output. Were you expecting something else?

In the WebHelp builds I've done the right pane's content becomes visible in the left pane. Apparently, the left div is transparent due to some jQuery settings I've changed. In "default" builds, the right pane's content is obscured when moving under the left pane, as can be seen here (make sure to size your browser window narrow enough for the horizontal scroll bar to appear):

What you meant is that the default build works fine, but a config made by you screwed the display? So, are you asking about how webhelp handle this using JQuery/CSS?

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/webhelp/docs/content/ch01.html

When hiding the TOC tree (click the arrow symbol), and with a browser window that's so narrow that it still displays a horizontal scroll bar, the contents disappear on the left side when scrolling.

I haven't encounter this. When I clicked the arrow button, it shifted the right pane with the content as it is. ie. It didn't make visible the content under left pane. But of course, you can (horizontal) scroll-back and see the relevant content, can't you? May be I misunderstood your steps. I tried this on FF 10 and Chrome 16 under Ubuntu.

Regards,
--Kasun

This issue has been confirmed for a whole bunch of web browsers:

Windows:
- Google Chrome 16
- Firefox 6.0.1
- IE 9

Ubuntu/openSuse:
- Firefox 9.0
- Firefox 6.0.2
- Google Chrome 16
- Chromium 18 (openSuse's Chrome)

Looks like a bug to me. Any pointers how to fix this?

--
Cheers,

Stefan Hinz <stefan.hinz@oracle.com>, MySQL Documentation Manager

Phone: +49-30-82702940, Fax: +49-30-82702941, http://dev.mysql.com/doc

ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG
Registered Office: Riesstr. 25, 80992 Muenchen, Germany
Commercial Register: Local Court Of Munich, HRA 95603
Managing Director: Jürgen Kunz

General Partner: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Register Of Chamber Of Commerce: Midden-Niederlande, No. 30143697
Managing Directors: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher