Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] valign on inlinemediaobject no effect?

I checked in a fix for this problem. You can confirm the correct behavior if you download the latest XSL snapshot.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Arensmeier" <farensmeier@gmail.com>
To: "Docbook Apps Help list" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:51 AM

Hi there.

I am trying to align some inline graphics nicely with the surrounding text. But, setting the attribute valign on the imagedata element has no effect. The image stays aligned relative to the text top whatsoever. By looking at the fo output from the transformation process, I can see that the attribute valign is reflected to the fo attribute "display-align" on the "external-graphic" element. If I change that to "alignment-baseline" and set the value to "middle", everything shows up fine. Am I missing something? Shouldn't the stylesheet distinguish between valign on inlinemediaobjects and mediaobjects and "translate" that attribute to "alignment-baseline" on inlinemediaobjects and "display-align" on mediaobjects?

Regards,
/frank