Subject: RE: Side-by-side images

David Goss [mailto:dgoss@mueller-inc.com] wrote:

> What is the proper way to display two images side-by-side?
>
> The way I do this now is to put two <inlinemediaobjects> into a <para>.
> The HTML output is two images side-by-side aligned to the left. Playing
> with the align attribute in the <imagedata> tags results in text for
> the
> proceeding paragraphs to creep up in the space between them, since they
> are inline. Using the <mediaobject> would separate the images onto two
> different lines.
>
> <para>
> 	<inlinemediaobject>
> 		<imageobject>
> 			<imagedata fileref='...' />
> 		</imageobject>
> 	</inlinemediaobject>
> 	<inlinemediaobject>
> 		<imageobject>
> 			<imagedata fileref='...' />
> 		</imageobject>
> 	</inlinemediaobject>
> </para>
>

> I feel like I'm tagging these images wrong. <inlinemediaobject> doesn't
> really describe the content here since they're not *really* inline.

Why do you say that the images are not really inline? I would define an inline element as one that does not cause a line break, which is exactly what you want.

Rob Cavicchio
rob.cavicchio@emc.com

Principal Technical Writer & Information Architect
Information Intelligence Group
EMC Corporation

The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by EMC and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EMC.