Subject: section element only allows one subtitle, why?

Hi.

Just a quick question. I am working with simplified docbook where the element "article" is the top level element. Mostly because the "normal" set of docbook elements includes a large number of elements that are totally unnecessary for kinds of documentation other than e.g. software documentation. So, I feel that simplified docbook is more than enough.

My question is why does the "section" element only allows one single subtitle element? Are there any particular reasons for this? Documents with a rather simple structure (title, subtitle, section , title, subtitle, para, subtitle, para) are easily being cluttered with nested sections (on places where a simple subtitle would be so much more handy). Or am I missing something?

Cheers
/frank