Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi Richard,

About getting vouched by other organizations - The question related to this in the application is,
"Are you a new organization who has a Googler or other organization to vouch for you? If so, please list their name(s) here"

We are not a new organization, but since we got unlucky last year, I think we should get another organization to vouch for us. MoinMoin is a good candidate as I've told you before. [1] Thomas Waldmann was their Google Summer of Code Organization Administrator in 2011, so may be you should contact him first. His contact info. can be found at [2].

Can organizations outside of GSoC vouch? I couldn't find the documentation by Google about the vouching process! Has OpenStack participated in GSoC before? If so, that's also a very good addition. They already uses a DocBook product that was developed as part of GSoC 2010 (Webhelp).

And, in case, I wasn't clear before, I was thinking to be a co-mentor this year, because of limited knowledge about DocBook, I don't think I can fulfill the needs a student. I was thinking of co-mentoring WebHelp, if David is OK with it. :) David?

[1] http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2009/10/moinmoins-google-summer-of-code-wrap-up.html
[2] http://moinmo.in/ThomasWaldmann/Contact

Thanks,
--Kasun