Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook -> PDF paths that aren't hugely expensive?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:11:37 -0700, Robin Lee Powell
<rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> - dblatex is hugely brittle (trust me on this)

I guess I don't trust you on this.  We've been using dblatex for several
years now on book-length grammars, with excellent results for articles,
"reports", and books.  It's true that we don't exercise all the DocBook
elements (we don't use most of the computational elements, for example),
but I would be surprised to find dblatex having significant problems there.
Between the command-line parameters to dblatex (which can be put into a
.xsl file) and LaTeX style sheets, there's not much you can't tweak.

   Mike Maxwell
   University of Maryland