Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] dblatex and FO

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:37:14 +0200, Mike Maxwell <maxwell@umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:

On 3/25/2012 2:44 PM, Bob Stayton wrote:
I have come across a Makefile that is trying to apply dblatex to an FO file. The Makefile command specifies the .fo file (which was generated from xsltproc in another step) as the input, and a .pdf file as the output. I'm not a dblatex user, but it is my understanding that it operates on the original XML, not XSL-FO output, to generate a PDF. Is this Makefile in error?

You're correct, it does not have a command line parameter for .fo input, just xml or sgml.

I just checked that with the current version, 0.3.2. Perhaps an older version used .fo input. There was also an older program called db2latex, I believe. Might could be that used .fo files as input; I've never used it.

I confirm: neither db2latex nor dblatex have ever worked on FO files. Only on XML documents.

Regards,
BG