Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extend supported output formats

On 27.3.2012 20:02, gihan karunarathne wrote:

> So I think Jirka should conclude the final decision and we should wait
> until his comments.

I'm not sure what you are asking for now.

> I'm trying to get in to iOS development[1]. I registered in developer site
> but unfortunately I can't download their developing tool because of it's a
> big size of file. I hope to get into iOS soon. These days I'm busy with
> finishing my Android project[2]. After that I can accelarate my work. Hope
> Jirka will help me to get though this idea.
> David, I think by adding iOS also into my work is enough to do over the
> summer hopefully.

I don't think that developing native applications for two platforms is
very effective at this stage.

If you want to cover more platforms, then you can choose completely
different route. Try to create something like WebHelp but with UI
suitable for smaller screens and then use PhoneGap to target multiple
platforms (http://phonegap.com/).

You should spend more time on researching possible ways to delivering
documents with good UX on small devices now. Not only thinking about
what can be done, but also looking to existing software like eBook
readers, mobile Web and PDF readers. Create lists of features missing in
those products and things that sucks. Then you can create list of
requirements for your application. After you have this, you should start
thinking about possible implementation strategies.

				Jirka