Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Extend supported output formats

On 03/29/2012 03:38:34 PM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 29.3.2012 22:18, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
>
> > FYI.  I don't wish to confuse things but you
> > may wish to look at, or possibly even coordinate with,
> > the dblatex project (http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/).

> No seriously it is of no use for your GSoC project. db2latex can
> generate nice PDFs, but PDF is hard to reflow and not suitable for
> small
> screens.

dblatex will also output TeX, which seems to be able to be
converted into all sorts of different output formats.
I've no idea how to get from here to there, or whether
it's a good idea but TeX is for typesetting,
a lot different from PDF, and to the uninformed
(like me) it sounds like typesetting is just the
sort of thing you do to switch between different
screen sizes/"looks".

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein