Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] mediaobject with base64 encoded image data

On 3.4.2012 8:38, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> I'm asking because I also thought about integrating base64-encoded imagedata
> better into docbook by:
>
> 1) either creating a fresh new attribute like "src" on the <imagedata /> tag
> that could be passed on to the respective FO attribute "src" in the tag
> <fo:external-graphic />.
>
> 2) or parsing the "fileref" attribute and don't wrap it in "url()" if it
> starts with "imagedata".

There is no need to change anything on DocBook side to support this.
Simply put data: into fileref attribute. There migh be needed some small
changes in XSL stylesheets in order to skip usual file path massaging.
Also I think that even data: should be wrapped in url() otherwise it
would be non-conforming to XSL-FO spec.

				Jirka