Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Yet again, FOP complaining of the generated fo file

Ah, ok. I doubt O'Reilly will be using FOP when they produce the book. You can probably ignore most FOP warnings that do not kill the process.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alberto Simões" <hashashin@gmail.com>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Cc: "David Cramer" <david@thingbag.net>; <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:48 AM

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the <?dbfo need?>. That is indeed the item that is
generating the empty list-item-label. I'll fix that in the source tree.

Great. So, can I pull the fix from somewhere :)

Regarding dbfo needs in FOP, the last time I tried it I found it is close to
working. The basic mechanism works, but it does not properly preserve the
vertical spacing because FOP did not support certain spacing properties, but
which ones I don't recall at this moment. It is possible they have fixed
those spacing properties, in which case it should work. If you test it, let
me know what your results are.

Just a note for people reading my mails to this list, I am not writing
the document myself, but translating from an O'Reilly book. So, for
now, I prefer not to mess with any XML/XML-PI, and do that only when I
get to the end.

Thank you
Alberto

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Cramer" <david@thingbag.net>