Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] forcing toc to start with specific page number on fo

Hi Doris,
I don't see an easy solution for this. The 'initial.page.number' template only accepts two template params, and neither of them distinguish between a table of contents and a list of tables etc. I would suggest that blank pages are the way to go, or perhaps an empty element such as acknowledgements or dedication that takes up the space.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doris T Lam" <dlamoris@gmail.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:05 AM

Hi, I'm using fop to transform docbook xml to pdf. What I have is a book with table of contents and some tables and figures. I'm trying to force the table of contents page to start with page number 'v' (currently the output starts with iii). What I've done so far is customize the "initial.page.number" template and put

<xsl:when test="$element = 'toc'">5</xsl:when>

instead of "auto"

This gives me 'v' as the page number on table of contents, but the list of tables page and list of figures that comes after it is also 'v'. Should I be customization something else, or maybe force insert some blank pages before toc to get it to count to the page number I want?

Thanks,
Doris