Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Image resolution in print.

Just wanted to point out one datum on image sizing that's mentioned in my book:

The following attributes are mutually exclusive: contentwidth, scale, and scalefit. If more than one of these attributes is used on an image, then the earliest one in this list takes precedence.

So the scalefit attribute in your example would be ignored. I don't think I suggested using both, did I? Setting width="100%" sets the viewport to the maximum page width, setting contentwidth="100%" sets the size of the image to its natural size within that viewport area. At 300 dpi, that would be 2.67 in x 2 in.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hamilton" <hamilton@xmlpress.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:24 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Image resolution in print.

Is there a description anywhere about how to deal with images of different dpi in the FO stylesheets?

I've got an image that is 800x600, and as far as I can tell (identify doesn't say anything about dpi), it is a 300dpi image.

I want that image to pass through to the FO and PDF as a 300dpi image, unchanged.

Does anyone know the magic incantation of imagedata attributes that will cause this to happen? The combination I thought would work (width="100%" contentwidth="100%" scalefit="1", as suggested by Bob's book) gives me an image that is considerably smaller than I expected, and I'm not sure whether the problem is the wrong attributes or if there might be a problem with the image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
-------