Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] generating pdf from DocBook slides

On 05/25/2012 05:56 PM, Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
> On 2012.05.25. 22:58, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> I'm trying out the generation of pdf (via fo stylesheets) from DocBook
>> Slides.
>>
>> The repository contains fo stylesheets specifically for slides, but I
>> can't find any documentation for how to customize them. Has anyone ever
>> used them to produce pdf from DB Slides ?
> You should pick a stylesheet first (in the slides subdir of the
> docbook-xsl distribution). The documentation explains what options you
> have:
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/slides/3.4.0/doc/
>
> Then use the parameter reference to decide what parameters you want to
> customize:
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.77.0/doc/slides/index.html

Right, I did that. But the only parameters I could find are for choosing
fonts. Typically styling slides also includes setting color schemes,
heading and footer content, background images, etc., so I was hoping
there were already parameters to do that.

It seems there aren't, so I'll just have to do the customization myself.
I may merge that into our GSoC project if it works out. :-)

Thanks,
        Stefan