Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Copyright and dbtimestamp

How about
<copyright start="2005" end="now"> or something like that?

In a message dated 6/14/2012 10:19:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, davep@dpawson.co.uk writes:
On 14/06/12 22:57, DeanNelson@aol.com wrote:
> Ok, I found the issue inside my layers.
>
> However, this issue should be able to work easier than shutting off the
> multi year combination parameters. I assume that the dbtimestamp is being
> evaluated after the multi-year-combination template of the copyright/year?
>
> Is there a way to get the dbtimestamp evaluated earlier?

Very smart indeed.

Proposal? that this idea be made available for copyright as part of the
general distribution? Surely Dean isn't the only one to realise that
his copyright is now n years out of date?

<copyright id="met-copyright">
               <year>2005-&CURRENT_YEAR;</year>
               <holder>My Company</holder>
           </copyright>

Not sure how syntactically, possibly using the PI where Dean has the
entity? but having me specify 2005, and letting the stylesheets pull in
the current year seems a good way to address this?

regards DaveP

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.