Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <part> Titlepage

Hi Lars,
Just to be clear here, I'm not advocating that you use the titlepage spec file system. The titlepage spec file and associated stylesheet is most useful to those users of DocBook XSL that do not know the XSL language. It was designed to allow a non-technical user to generate XSL for a customized titlepage from simple specifications. If you do know XSL well enough to write the XSL templates yourself, then there is no need to use the spec file system. Just write custom recto and verso templates yourself. In my client work, I include the spec file only when it is likely that the customization I create will be maintained by people who don't know XSL. Then they can at least tweak the titlepages.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> To: "Lars Vogel" <lars.vogel@googlemail.com>; "Richard Hamilton" <hamilton@xmlpress.net>
Cc: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:15 PM

Hi Lars,
Actually, adding an image to the part title page is possible with the titlepage spec file. If you add <mediaobject/> to the spec file like this:

<t:titlepage t:element="part" t:wrapper="fo:block">
 <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
     <title
            t:named-template="division.title"
   <subtitle
   <mediaobject/>
 </t:titlepage-content>

Processing this will add a template matching on info/mediaobject to part.titlepage.recto:

<xsl:apply-templates mode="part.titlepage.recto.auto.mode" select="info/mediaobject"/>

If you then add a mediaobject element to the part/info of your document, then it will be rendered on the part title page.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lars Vogel" <lars.vogel@googlemail.com>