Subject: parameter to control pdf bookmark generation

Hello,

I'm looking for an xsl parameter that allows me to suppress pdf bookmark
generation.
Looking at the code, I see that bookmark generation is conditional on
the value of "fop1.extensions", which seems at least a little unintuitive.
While I could set that parameter to '0', it isn't clear what other
effects that may have. But ultimately, as end-user I don't actually want
to know about backend-specific extensions. (In fact, I may not even know
what backend is used to generate a particular output medium !)
I want to control output features.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,
        Stefan