Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] parameter to control pdf bookmark generation

Hi Stefan,
There is currently no param to turn off bookmarks, but a simple template customization will do it. Add this to your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="fop1.outline"/>

That will only turn off the bookmarks, while leaving any other fop1 extensions in effect. This would make a good param, I suppose.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Seefeld" <stefan@seefeld.name>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 6:28 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for an xsl parameter that allows me to suppress pdf bookmark
generation.
Looking at the code, I see that bookmark generation is conditional on
the value of "fop1.extensions", which seems at least a little unintuitive.
While I could set that parameter to '0', it isn't clear what other
effects that may have. But ultimately, as end-user I don't actually want
to know about backend-specific extensions. (In fact, I may not even know
what backend is used to generate a particular output medium !)
I want to control output features.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,
       Stefan